Friday, May 22, 2009

Private Mortgage Insurance Inquiry for SunTrust

I called up the SunTrust mortgage customer service this afternoon to inquire about when can I stop paying my PMI. I asked how much I have paid on my loan and I was told that it would take some time to go through my statements and checking for escrow payment changes. He said it would take about 30 minutes to sum all my payments. I said I can wait. But then he immediately followed up saying that he cannot promise me that he would be on the phone the whole time since their will be other calls that he needs to attend and he cannot let them pass. Then he suggested that I can do this myself by going to their website. This is the whole point of my call. I don't want to bother scavenging through my statements and sum my total payments. I told him that and he responded that he can use his 15 minutes break to do it for me and call me after but he can't promise. 

Our conversation brought back my nightmares with Comcast. SunTrust, Comcast sounds the same isn't it? Funny. But he called back after 15 mninutes! For 3 times he mentioned how much interest I've paid. It wasn't I was asking for..... and at the background I hear these pages turned one after another. I feel like Customer Service is part of the White House. 

I gave up on that question and instead asked when can I stop paying my PMI since I didn't have enough to pay 20% of the loan when I bought the house. He gave me an answer where I'm like still buying the house. My loan to value is currently 96% he said which has nothing to do with my question. I heard the pages flipping again at the background as if he was trying to find the answer his trainor gave to him. He kept on explaining the loan to value definition then he asked if I have any more questions and I immediately said no and thank you. 

I feel bad for these companies hiring people for their Customer Service Department and not able to deliver what their customer wants. That was a waste of time for both of us but he still get paid. I wonder how many times does he flip through the pages while he's on the phone with customers. I wonder if that was even their 200 pound manual.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny why they call themselves customer service. Just as always, they're too slow to respond to our inquiries. Are they still looking for another clients? They can't even entertain us?


If you want to know more about PMI, please click here.