Thursday, April 16, 2009

LA Fitness Scam?

I'd go straight to the point. LA Fitness requires you to pay around $250 or more for one time membership fee then charges you around $30 on a monthly rate. My situation 2 years ago was that I need to move to a new house and I won't be able to use my membership because of some stuff I need to take care of and I requested if they can hold on to my memberhsip and not charge me monthly because I wont be at their facility for a month or two. They didn't like it. To cut the story short, I closed my account and they removed my membership. Just last March I joined LA Fitness again because it was the closest place for me to exercise. But I have to pay again the one time membership of almost the same value!

Are they corrupting the meaning of one time membership fee? Once you are a member of that fitness club you will always be a member right? And all you have to do is pay the monthly charges. As some other places do. They charge you a one time fee and you have a choice to pay by day or by month that is only if you come in and use their facility.

I just don't like LA Fitness' business model on that membership thing. I don't know, I feel like they're cheating.

No comments: