Monday, April 27, 2009

Pulled Over by A Cop Just Two Hours Ago

I drove to my friend's place in Lawrenceville this evening to get my 4BG USB Stick and meet his kid and his lovely wife. Then went to eat at Bonefish close to their house and drove back home. Finally headed out to I-85S and just when I passed exit 113 I decided to hit 80MPH on a 70MPH speed limit so I can make some phone calls and schedule a visit for some church members this week. Within a minute, I saw this flashing lights behind me and I knew I will be getting a ticket. Dang.

The officer walked on the passenger side and ask me "Guess how fast you were driving?". I said 80. He responded, "At least you were honest". Which I knew I was driving that fast. He later followed it with "Do you have to do something that's why you are driving that fast?". I said yes, I needed to make some phone calls to schedule a visit to some of our church members just to see how they're doing and understand if they need anything. He took my license and registration. Waited for 5 minutes. Then he came up and was holding only my driver's license and registration. Urged me to renew my license since it will be expiring before this end of May. My verdict - "Verbal Warning". Whew.... That was comforting! In this recession, Insurance companies will always find a way to charge you more on your premium once they see a hole in your driving record. I'm glad I didn't get the ticket!

The cop told me to take my time and bid me goodnight. He did look intimidating at first just like that Mercury Guy from one of the Terminator Movie Series but was kind enough to let me go for free.

No comments: